Thursday, February 19, 2009

VisualKulture.Cat

Today on this Thursday afternoon, February 19th the exhibit that has been in construction in the Poynter Library of USF-StPete for nearly a week, finally opened. This exhibit features artistic books from world renowned artists. It just turns out that this is a two-part exhibit. The sister exhibit will be at the Dali Musuem which is conveniently located next door to the library. I plan on going there because not only is it a free tour for USF students showing their identification card, but it will give me an opportunity to learn more of the exhibit and the artists behind it.

This exhibit reminds me of a project done at my previous school, Marygrove College in Detroit, MI. The senior art students was commissioned as their senior seminar to creatively turn a book into art. I found that exhibit very moving. The visualkulture.cat exhibit here at USF-StPete sent "goose-shivers" down my spine as I saw works of art which compared to that one exhibit at Marygrove College. WOW.

**CORRECTION**

The exhibit opens at the Dali Museum Friday evening. I will not be able to make that, but I should be able to make the one on Saturday. I will be making an effort to see this exhibit just because my interest has been piqued.

No comments:

Post a Comment