Monday, March 9, 2009

Service Learning

This morning, March 9th, I was stuck in a thought of how I am working on an operations manual for the Mount Zion Human Service's Children Center and just last semester I had to author a similar document for the fledgling student newspaper of Marygrove College. It took me the entire semester just to formulate the manual for that entity. It was not at all difficult because I was the Editor-in-Chief and founder of the newspaper. As well as how I was enrolled in an independent study course to compliment being the administrator of the newspaper.

Formulating this operations manual for the Children Center has become a slow process only because the information trickles in and the workload for being a college student is strained heavily by each individual professor. i am starting to wonder if the instructors of University of South Florida-Saint Petersburg takes into consideration the other classes that the students are enrolled in. I don't believe they do. If the instructors considered the student workload on and off campus, they would not be assigning tons of work which would overburden an average persons daily tasks. This is expecially common for English majors. I do not understand why English professors wants to bog students down with massive readings and writings and want ALL work completed in such a short timeframe. The concept is ludicrous.

No comments:

Post a Comment